Friday, 16 September 2016

Sheep and goats today?

I was thinking about how immediate Jesus' parable of the the sheep and the goats was when he told it. It's recorded for us in Matthew 25:31-46. I wonder if today, Jesus might have said something like this...

I was on the street
And you washed my feet.
I was a refugee
And you welcomed me.
I was living with addiction
And you saw my affliction.
I told you I was gay
You said, 'Son, it's okay.'

You say, 'When? When did we?'
I say, 'Whenever you did, you did it for me.'

I was on the street
And our eyes didn't meet.
I was a refugee
You refused to recognise me.
I was living with addiction
To you, I was an infliction.
I told you I was gay
You said, 'Go, and stay away.'

You say, 'When? When did we?'
I say, 'Whenever you did, you did it for me.'

For those who cared
A place is prepared.
For those who didn't- well,
They can go to hell.

No comments: